5/12/2010

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

Today I had to say goodbye to a friend of 16 years.  My cat, Vosh, was wasting away and I could no longer sit by and watch her suffer.  I had hoped for the last few months that she would go on her own terms, but when I watched her unable to actually lift her body off the ground and walk more than a few feet, it was time to let her go.  Out of selfishness I was holding on, hoping not to have to make the very hard decision that all pet owners have to make at some point in their lives, but my selfishness was causing her pain, and I couldn't live with myself if I took it one day longer.


My mom actually took this picture.  It has been on my fridge ever since.  It cracks me up because the way she was looking at my mom, gives you a real good idea of Vosh.  She was always a little bit pissed that she couldn't have things her way most days.  She really did think she ruled this house, and was always fighting for 1st place (and yes, she even wished I was out of the way sometimes, so she could have Larry all to herself) :).
But when she wanted to be sweet and friendly, she was both those in spades.  A loyal friend until the end.  We miss and love you Vosh.  Now go tell'em whose boss up there!

No comments: