1/12/2008

Future Changes

Now that it is the New Year, I have begun to identify the changes I want to make this year. Some of which includes changes for this blog. I do enjoy just writing for writing sake, even if there is no point to anything I have to say. That part of this blog won't change. It has definitely become an outlet for me.

I also enjoy posting pictures of things I do and places I go. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved taking pictures. For me, pictures capture that single perfect moment, and freezes it in time. Going back through photos is one of those experiences that always brings a smile to my face. Whenever I feel down or inadequate, I pull up my pictures, or flip through a photo album and suddenly I can see things clearly, and often I am reminded of how lucky I am.

At the end of this month I will be taking a photography class at the University of Utah in their lifelong learning program. It is an introductory class, but I am hoping to learn how to use a camera better and understand the technical aspect of a picture. I will be posting my pictures here, and will probably change my Flikr badge (the one I haven't updated since last Spring) and use it to discuss my photos. I hope it will be interesting.

In addition to photography, I am also starting to catch up on all my personal reading. I have decided to add a discussion/review of a book at least once a month. I am thinking the first week of each month would keep me consistent. I am not joining any book of the month group or anything like that, but rather just keeping myself honest and focused in doing one of the hobbies that gives me great pleasure and expands my mind.

Initially I will be doing a little catch up. I want to review Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I read this book last November, but never reviewed it here. It is such an amazing journey that I really want to talk about it, so I will be reviewing that book the first of February. In addition, I will be discussing a book that I started last year, but got side tracked into something else and never finished it. I really love the book, so why I didn't finish it is unclear. The book is The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It is a tale about following your dreams. I like the way he writes stories; the words are simple, the story itself is simple, but the meaning behind the story is what captured me. I will review this also the first of February.

I have already selected February's read. Since it is the month of Love, I will be reading Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I also love how this author writes, and will be looking forward to this read next month.


So here is to new beginnings and changes!

No comments: