12/20/2008

A Day of Confirmation

If you have been a reader of my weight loss journey on my blog, then this entry will make sense to you. This morning I decided to go through my closet to find coats that could be donated to the shelter this cold, cold winter. I came across an old coat that I bought over 10 years ago (before I ever moved back to Utah but was missing cold weather) in the back. When I first moved back, I was unable to close the front of this coat (it was too tight), and was saving it for my mom for when she visited in the winter. This morning, going through the coats, I decided to throw it on, and was shocked to really see how much I have shrunk. It has been so gradual that I had no idea how much I had changed.

Yes, I had to take a picture. These are huge milestones for me. I did cut my face out of the picture because I have my glasses on and still needed to shower when it was taken (still in my PJs too).


2 comments:

Tamera said...

Congratulations! That's always such a wonderful feeling. I don't even like to look at photos of me at my largest because it reminds me of how out of control my health felt, but it also reminds me of how far I have come since those days. I just donated my XL size coat last weekend at the Nutcracker coat drive.

bindiec said...

Congrats too you Tamera!

It is slow going, but I happy for moments like this one!