8/29/2006

All Alone



For the last week I have been alone, just me and my kittens. I am quite use to these solitary bleeps in my life. The hubby, both a military reservist and airline pilot, finds himself gallivanting around the globe weekly. Being alone here in Salt Lake is much better than in my previous state of residence (Florida). There is so much to do here. Yesterday after work, I went to City Creek Canyon, which starts just a few blocks from downtown, hiked for 5 miles, came home, nuked some leftovers, and snuggled in with my recent arrival from Netflix, the latest installment of my British who-done-it.
To many this may sound like a boring way to spend an evening, but I love it. My hubby, with his never ending ambitions, can drive me crazy with his ADD. He is always going a million miles a minute. I relish these pauses in between the fast forwards of my life with him.
Of course, I do have my "list of things to do" before he comes home. I think I have one thing nicked off, and he comes home tomorrow. Oh well, there's always the next trip.

No comments: