11/18/2008

It's Hawaii Time again....

I just returned from a 4 day trip to Hawaii. If you have read my blog for the last year, you would know that this has become a big part of my life. This last year Larry worked full-time for the Navy and was stationed at Camp Smith within Pacific Command. This last year my life was somewhat chaotic with the monthly trips to and from Hawaii. I know that some might think, "oh please....you HAVE to go to Hawaii......cry me a river." I will be the first to say it has been a wonderful experience, but it does make one's life somewhat temporary when every few weeks you have to leave one life for another.

Larry is officially home now, but is still a drilling reservist at PACOM. This last week while I was in Florida he was in Hawaii doing his reservist work and also house/dog sitting for some friends on the Windward side of the island (opposite of Honolulu/Waikiki). I decided to join him and we had a great time.

Cheese the Dog.

Us enjoying a nice dinner on their back patio.

An early morning walk makes for a beautiful sunrise (minus all the wires).

Walking the dog to Kailua Beach

Sun still working its way from behind the morning clouds.

Cheese doing that dog thing

Another picture perfect day at the beach.

Larry running into the water.

And to top it all off, some endangered Monk Seals beached themselves for us to take many pictures of. It was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Tamera said...

Stunning scenery, although I can appreciate how the transitory situation would be difficult. Darling dog too. I think you and Larry have handled the separation wonderfully.

Keely said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!
I also think it was nice to "dog-sit"...sometimes that takes a lot of patience! :)

bindiec said...

The dog was the best part (that is sad to say). I just loved being with the Cheese. Every morning she would get us out of bed, we would go for a walk, and she would shower us with love and appreciation (with wet kisses). I loved it!