11/02/2008

Memories of Halloween

Now that Halloween is over I can post some pictures. This year we did a corn maze and a Haunted House. The corn maze was a lot of fun, and doing it at night made it far more "halloweeny." Although they gave us a map, I am the type to take off and get lost in the maze. Larry, on the other hand, would repeatedly stick the map up into the air to try to read the directions with the reflected light from around the maze.

In a way, this event is a metaphor for who we are and how we work as a couple. Larry is very "plan" oriented, following the map to make the easiest, more thought-out choices and actions. I am more of "go by seat of my pants" kind of person. I could be found skipping, laughing and running around the maze. After a lot of time, and running around in circles, I would turn to Larry and ask him where to go. He would pull out his map and attempt to get us back on course. He has fun with me and my spontaneous behavior, and I get some much needed help and direction when the spontaneity leads me awry.



As far as the haunted house goes....we waited outside in line for about an hour. It was worth the wait if you can believe it. I am a screamer. Big, big screamer. I actually thought I would pass out from screaming so hard and running from chain saws. Have you ever had someone chase you in a dark corn field with a chain saw? It is not for the heart attack inclined. Larry thought I was absolutely hilarious. There was one point when I grabbed him by the coat and threw my 230lb husband in front of me to defend myself from a chain saw. He couldn't believe that I could toss him around. It's called adrenaline!

Halloween night was fun, but rather quiet. We normally get tons of kids, but I think because it was Friday, a lot of kids and parents did "group" things.




Mine is on the left and Larry's is on the right. I lost a tooth in the process.

1 comment:

Keely said...

You guys are too cute! It looks like you really have a great time together...that's awesome!

It looks like you've done such a beautiful job on remodeling your home...well, what I can see from the pictures anyway! :)