11/12/2008

Teaching an old dog new tricks

I can say with 100% honesty that I wear less makeup now than I did in High School, probably even Jr. High. Partly because it was the 80s, and partly because I thought I was suppose to wear a lot of makeup to be a woman. Most of the 90s I spent doing the exact opposite. On a "makeup day" I would wear mascara and lip gloss.

These days, however, I am noticing that women are wearing a bit more makeup. I am also getting older and find I need a bit here and there to cover up little things showing up on my face. The other day I saw a beautiful woman, and was taken by her eyes. I realized that she was wearing a good amount of eyeliner. The eyeliner and I have never been friends. I haven't had much luck with it. I usually come out looking somewhere between clown and someone that let a 3 year old have some fun drawing lines on her face. Seeing that woman, however, made me think I might be missing out on something. I wondered if I might be able to get the same effect.

I actually found some makeup guides on YouTube. Yes, you can learn how to apply all things makeup on YouTube. There are some great tutorials out there. I found that because of my brown turning green eyes, a plum shade eyeliner would look good with my eyes. I went out and bought an inexpensive stick and gave myself a test run, using the guidelines found in the tutorials. Here is the result:

Here I am as a bobble head ; )


Overall, I am pleased. It is not too much, but just enough to define my eyes. I don't have the courage yet to try something more dramatic for a more smokey look, but you never know. Maybe by the time I'm 40?

2 comments:

tieko said...

Can I play with your face when you come out in January : ) we could take a field trip to bare escentuals orrrr even sephora.

I've really started to wear less and less.. i dunno if it's because I am home now all the time or what.. but come monday.. i have o start it back up again..

bowrn chirca bowrn bowrn!

bindiec said...

You can do whatever you want, but I am curious as to what you have in mind? Do something dark and sexy perhaps? I don't have the balls.