11/27/2006

Holy War 06


Utah vs BYU 2006, originally uploaded by bindykay25.

Saturday brought about the end of the college football season here in Utah. It ended with the football rivalry between the University of Utah (The U) and Brigham Young University (BYU). This particular battle is referred to as the "Holy War" amongst the locals. I haven't quite figured out why it has received this particular title since BYU is a private, religious based school and the U is a public university. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Our little Mountain West game looks like a high school game compared to say.....the Michigan-Ohio game, or the Florida-Florida State game, but here it is THE game.
As I am a recovering former cheerleader, I won't go into the details of the game except to say that it was a GREAT game. If only all football games were as good as this one was. That being said, we (the U) did loose by 2 points 15 seconds after the clock had stopped. It was a jaw dropping ending that will go into playbook history.

I took some pictures that are on my Flickr page. It was a hazy day so they are kind of crappy. My $75 Walmart special ed. camera doesn't take that great of pictures, but you get the idea.

No comments: