1/18/2007

Flying Away


Today I dropped off my husband at the airport. He is starting his new Reserve job in Hawaii. GRRRRR. Yes, I am here in freezing cold temperatures, and he is off to the lovely beaches of Hawaii for the next 5 days. It is not a vacation. He is going to be busy working and getting to know his new job and mates, but still....IT'S IN HAWAII!

Actually, I could have gone with him, but chose not to. "WHAT?" Yep, you read right. I really did want to go, but I chose not to go for him. I didn't want to be a distraction for his first weekend of work. He is not so good at focusing on his job and becomes overly concerned with me, where I am, what I'm doing, etc... I just felt that first impressions can't be done over, and with this job, first impressions are going to be everything. Besides, he is going back in March for 2 weeks. I figure I can always join him for part of that trip.

All that being said, it still sucks. I would so like to be sitting in a swimsuit in 80 degree temperatures, the sun warming my skin, reading a good book, drinking a mai tai, and enjoying life. Instead I'll be lucky to see 30 degrees this weekend, the inversion has definitely arrived, and we have been told to stay inside if at all possible. YIPPEE!
I have been reminded that I never did much care for January in Salt Lake. However, it still beats living in the South in August!

8 more weeks, 8 more weeks, 8 more weeks........that will be my mantra to get me through the next 5 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry you Dog!