5/18/2007

Georgia on my mind



Just got back from a short trip to Georgia. Newnan to be exact. It is a former small town that is starting to become a suburb or exurb of Atlanta's south end. I went visit with my girlfriend, Jody, and her family. This being at least my third attempt this year, and I finally made it. It seems to have been forever since we had spent anytime together, and after late night discussions on the "old" days, we realized that it had been. We have known each other since our early 20's. We met through our husbands (her boyfriend at the time), who were in the same squadron. Our time together was always so much fun, and it was great getting to rehash over old stories and laughing over my quirks that are lovingly called "Bindyisms."
Marriage, career changes, relocations, and a kid have happened in the past 10 years, but somehow through it all we stay connected, stay friends. She is the last remaining friend of those old days that I still manage to keep in touch with. No matter the changes in our lives, we still keep in touch. I have to give her the credit, and for that I have to say "Thanks Jody." Now she wants me to move to Newnan and start running marathons with her! Newnan.....that might happen, but only because my husband can't get based here in Salt Lake. Marathons...well... small steps Jody, very small steps. Love ya!

Jody and downtown Newnan


Children art at Serenbe


Future rock-star

No comments: