5/08/2007

So what's next?


I was home less than 24 hours and already planning my next trip. I guess spring has entered my bones. That, and my birthday is just a few short weeks away. I usually like to do something special on my birthday. Probably the most "memorable" birthday adventures were my 25th and my 30th. My 25th I decided to go for a glider plane ride. The pilot made me sick and paid the priced dearly. My 30th was spent on an island just off the beach of Pensacola, Florida. It was a full moon and warm. I stayed there until 4:00a.m.. It was great! This year for the big 35, I have decided to drag my husband on a 4 day backpacking trip to Southern Utah. I chose Hackberry Canyon within the Grand Staircase Escalante park. It should have lots of slots to get down into, some beautiful backcountry, dinasour tracks, and even an old pioneer cabin that is still standing. The only possible issue is that there is no water for the first day, so we will have to lug in our own water bottles. I am really looking forward to this trip.

No comments: