7/29/2007

Hope you have a minute....or two

Here are some photos from my trip.. I actually did narrow them down to just a couple, but I thought they gave a fairly good representation of my trip. I took the one at the top of this page at the Botanical Gardens.


Lincoln Memorial, Capital, and a sunset walk at the Mall.







At the National Galleries I was shocked to find out that not only could I take photos, but I could also use my flash. I couldn't do it, use my flash, so some of these photos are not as clear as I would have liked, but I have my limits. Below is a statue that I became enchanted with. Her beauty, and her physical form were so breathtaking I couldn't keep my eyes off her. The most beautiful aspect of her though is the delicate space that lingers between her fingers and the tip of the faun's nose. Everything about her is just beautiful to me.


Below is an exhibit in the Smithsonian Natural History museum. Pretty amazing sight in person.


Union Station in the first picture, the second is an amazing (boy I use that word a lot, better get out the Thesaurus) bronze sculpture I came across one evening titled "illuminated crowd" in Georgetown. This is only one little piece of it, but it was an amaaa...no...a moving piece of artwork.


Below is a statue that I looked up to as I crossed a bridge to get over to the Kennedy Center.



A few pics from the air and space museum.





Below is a picture that I took while catching a rest at a cafe inside the Smithsonian visitor center. The center is a Bodhisattva statue from like the 9th dynasty or something. I kind of snuck into this gallery (the Freer Gallery) as they were about to close and found myself in a room of Buddha's and Bodhisattva's. I was all alone and I just sat there staring at these most tranquil, ancient pieces. After a few minutes, a man found me and with his scolding eyes, told me they were closing. The last, but not least is the one of only two photos my hubby remembered to take for me (there is a reason that I am always behind the camera). It is inside the Capital building.


Please feel free to open any of the pictures to get a better look.

No comments: