5/30/2010

Legacy Parkway Trail


For my birthday, my hubby bought me a new bike.  Even from Germany, he managed to buy and have a bike delivered from a local store.  Rather than getting my normal bouquet of flowers, I opened the door to find a bike and a man from Guthrie standing on my front porch.  I decided to take the bike on a real "break'er in" ride yesterday.  It was a beautiful afternoon, and I headed to the Center Street trail head on the Legacy Parkway in North Salt Lake.  I went about 8 1/2 miles north (unfortunately short of the 12 miles, but I had dinner plans) before I realized I had goofed off too much and needed to head back to the starting point.  It was a wonderful, cool, day, and today I have some mild stiffness and a few aches and pains, but over all I did pretty good having not been on a long bike ride in years.



No comments: