3/15/2007

Lucia, Lucia, Lucia


Last night I was fortunate to see Lucia di Lammermoor. I have to say it was a truly amazing performance. I wasn't so sure I could make it through a 3 hour opera (let alone my husband sitting in those little chairs), but it was soooooo good. The Soprano (Lucia) was unbelievable!
The "mad scene" was recognizable. I wasn't sure where I had heard this piece of music before, but then it hit me halfway through - The Fifth Element (link is to the scene in the movie)- the blue opera singer!

The whole production, from sets to talent was above anything I would have expected from our little Utah Opera company. It was also great to see so many young people dressed up to come to the Opera. Something I think would be hard to find in most other US cities.

I will be looking forward to their production of the Grapes of Wrath in May.

1 comment:

tieko said...

my first opera.. *s* about ten years ago... somethings are coming full circle..