3/23/2007

Movie Reviews


This last week I got away to see a great movie, Bridge to Terabithia. This is a fabulous film that will make you not only remember your childhood, but will make you feel what it was like to be a child again. The dreams, the imagination, the innocence, and how amazingly beautiful it can be. As we grow older, we seem to forget that we were once these children. Our lives become so full of "have to's" whether real or self-imposed, and we no longer "race to the bottom of the street."
For me, this story hit closer to home (or to my heart) than I expected. It made me remember friendships that have come and gone, and those who I wish were still around and miss everyday.
I highly recommend this movie, just make sure to bring some tissue.




Another movie I watched via rental was Jesus Camp. It is the opposite of Terabithia. It made me more angry than anything, but it is suppose to make you think. It is a documentary on the Evangelical Movement in the U.S., the political lines that are drawn, and the "spiritual abuse" of children (in my opinion). My husband couldn't even watch it. There was no teaching of love, charity, peace, or humility. Hate, war, and arrogance seem to be the only message being sent to these children. Seeing their tears and shame made me seethe in rage. I would like to have stuck socks down the throats of these supposed "leaders of faith." I guess you get the idea of my position on the matter. It is an eye opener.


On the small screen, last Sunday was a Masterpiece Theater Sherlock Holmes that was excellent. It is a newer Sherlock Holmes and it was a great mystery full of suspense. I love murder mysteries, and as a child I loved watching Sunday evening Masterpiece Theater. I still do! This is good one. I think they are available on DVD.

No comments: