3/06/2007

Results


Today I got my blood test results back. It is somewhat perplexing. Cholesterol - good stuff is high and bad stuff is normal. Blood sugar - normal range. Blood levels - normal, platelets a little high, but normal. Thyroid - way off. What???? Yep. Apparently I have a very under active thyroid. I am shocked and slightly confused. I have been busy reading as much as I can on the little hormone regulator, and it does explain a lot about the way I have been feeling the last few years, as well as the unexplained dizzy spells I have had for the last few months. I am a little scared because I have never been on a medication before, and apparently this is a life long medication. I don't really like the idea. I am going to continue to do more research and try to talk to as many people as I can. Does anyone out there have any information on Hypothyroidism?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I completely understand how you feel!! I don't know anything about this particular thing but with me and my allergies - let's just say it becomes a lifestyle. You take the medication - you feel better. You don't take it - you continue to feel like crap. Read up on all the side effects and if those begin to overwhelm you then make sure you communicate that to your doctor - there might be other options. I told my mom about this and as she is a diabetic and has to organize umpteen different medications and different times of the day she COMPLETELY sympathizes and says you'll get through it. At least now you know right?

bindiec said...

Thanks for you words and support Heather. I am beginning to see this is now the start of getting myself back to the high-spirited, energetic person I used to be. Thanks to your Mom too. Best wishes to her.