3/07/2008

I LOVE this movie


Last night I was having bad dreams. I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Flipping through the channels, I stopped on a Movie called Chocolat. Most have heard and probably viewed this movie as it came out in 2001. I haven't seen it since its release, but as I started watching it , I remembered how much I really loved this story. I should read the book, but the movie is great on its own. Keywords: 1950s, post war, quaint little provincial town, chocolate, sin, love, passion, Johnny Depp, lent, redemption, the winds, chocolate, gypsies, and.....did I mention chocolate?

Chocolate has to be the most sensual food. I loooove chocolate, especially spicy chocolate. Have you ever dripped a spicy warm chocolate sauce over meat? It is fabulous. For a time, I was making "authentic" Mexican dishes (one of my many phases), and one of the meat dishes called for a chili chocolate sauce. It was heavenly. I think a fantasy of mine would be to soak in a warm, silky bath of chocolate sauce. The other part of that fantasy would have Johnny Depp in it, but as I am a married women....I have to keep those thoughts to myself. ; )

ANYWAY....if you haven't seen this movie, it is a must see. I posted a You Tube preview of the movie, but as of this writing it is a no show. Hopefully it will show up sometime.

No comments: