6/17/2007

Father's Day


First, Happy Father's Day to my Father-in-law (I hope he might be reading this)! And yes, my husband did get a card from the animals. In our house, kids come with fur.

Father's Day has always been one of those holidays that I struggle with. My own father was non existent in my life, and as far as my memory will go back, I cannot remember celebrating Father's Day with my Dad. I guess when I was planning on moving back to Utah, I had thoughts about spending a real Father's Day with him. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. My step-father and I don't have a relationship, but to be honest, we never have. I am not the type of person that likes to pretend that a relationship exists just because I am suppose to, so I have opted to move on and leave him in my past.

So those of you out there that have really great Dad's, give them a big hug and let them know you love them. Surprisingly, you can consider yourself really lucky if you have a loving, caring Dad. I am fortunate to have a really great Dad-in-law. He has been more of a Father to me than any of my other Dad's (that sounds strange). Big Hugs and Kisses Charlie! Love you!

No comments: