6/08/2007

Summer Possibilites

Summer is nearly here. You wouldn't know it though. I did have to wear pants and a sweatshirt yesterday. I think the high temp was around 60. I am taking the summer off, and now find myself with a lot of time to fill. My husband is in training everyday, and I can't stand spending time plodding around the house, unless it is in my garden. I decided this morning to go about another one of my "famous" lists, otherwise known as "things I hope to accomplish, but will be happy if I get half of them completed." This list does not comprise of the house-completion tasks, because well.....it isn't that important to me anymore. I hope to come back periodically to this list and actually cross them off!

1. Volunteer at the Veterans Hospital Audiology Clinic (already in the works)
2. Volunteer for the Pratt Trail. I hope I can become a useful member for this project.
3. Pick up my guitar lessons again. I finally got it out of storage.
4. At least 2 more backpacking trips (probably in the Uintahs)
5. Take a real photography class.
6. Work on my resume ( I am hoping to get on with someone new in August).
7. Continue with my triathlon training (I am doing one in Florida with my mom next Spring). This is why I would rather have Angelina Jolie boobs rather than Carmen Electra boobs. If you are confused look at previous post.
8. A minimum of 1 day-hike a week.
9. Find and attend a church
10. Start my SLP classes in August (kind of a given)
11. Go to D.C. in July while the hubby is at National Defense school (I like to tag along). I am anxious to visit all the museums.
12. Go to Hawaii again the first part of August.
13. Prepare for the real possibility of temporarily relocating to Hawaii in October.
14. Conquer one of my fears and take dance classes again (the fear stems from my expectations of what I "should" be able to do).

Wow! When I put it all on paper (or on computer screen) it seems like I will barely have time to eat! I hope it is all doable.
There were a couple of other things I thought of adding, so I will leave open the option to add to the list.

Here's to Summer!

No comments: