6/05/2007

Forgive my lips, they find joy in the most unusal places...


That is a quote from a movie I saw last night. "A Good Year" is a great romantic movie set mostly in Provence, France. The scenery of the film oozes with romance and passion. The soundtrack was also lovely with a lot of French music which inevitably leads to dreams about walking in vineyards under the Mediterranean sun while thinking to yourself "ou la la, life is good."
Okay, so having Russell Crowe as the lead doesn't hurt in the romance department either. But it did make me remember my trip to the Chianti region of Italy 2 years ago. The beauty, the love, the smell, the fabulous wine, and the wonderful Cappuccinos while sitting at a Cafe (my heart is yearning while I right this). I immediately went all nostalgic on myself. I made a promise to myself back then that I would someday buy a small little villa, grow some grapes, and enjoy the love and romance of the area. This movie reminded me of that promise. Apparently the "critics" didn't much care for the film, but I didn't watch it expecting it to be anything more than it was, a romantic film, aka "chic flick." However, my husband enjoyed it as well. The hot French women probably helped.

No comments: