12/01/2007

Let it snow, Let is snow....



As I awoke this morning, I stretched and yawned, cleared the gunk out of my eyes and reached for my glasses so my eyes could register the time on the digital clock. It read 7:10. I stood up, said good morning to the kids (my cats) and wandered over to the window. I pushed the leaver upwards on the plantation shutter and what was revealed to me was a winter's wonderland.

Snow and snow and more snow. I started taking pictures early this morning, and have since taken a few more while I was out shoveling all the stuff.





I believe we have had over a foot here at my house, so I can only imagine the joyful sounds coming from the ski resorts in the mountains.

I have to say that in the 4 winters I have been back here I haven't seen it snow this much at a single event. This reminds me more of the winter storms back in high school.






I love how snow just sits on the tree limbs. I think it must be the contrast between the light and dark in such fine detail. Each branch and limb perfectly covered with white powder until the snow builds too high and can no longer balance itself.

After I sweat to death shoveling all the snow (the driveway was extra heavy because a slush layer had formed underneath the powder), I decided the best thing to do was a snow angel:



It is kind of hard to see because water droplets got on my camera while I took it. Unfortunately, I am going to have to go back out there and shovel it again in a few hours. But until then, I am going to put on the kettle, sit back, and enjoy a nice hot cup of apple cider. Happy December 1st!

No comments: