12/08/2007

My Shame

Today was cold and windy. Fresh snow had fallen, and it was the perfect day to stay in, stoke a hot fire, and munch on crackers and cheese (one of my weakness's). As I sprawled out on the living room floor warming my toes by the fire, I decided to succumb to my shame. I am not proud to admit this, after all a woman like me should know better than to waste my time and brain power participating in such an activity. Afterwards I always feel dirty and mildly brain dead, but something about it always keeps me captivated and coming back for more. It almost becomes an addiction and I find I am unable to stop myself. I just keep going for more and more until I run out and no longer have anything left.

I guess you might be wondering what on earth I might be talking about? I can't believe I am going to admit to this. It is so embarrassing, but one should confess their sins, right?

Today..... well......while I was all alone in my house, bundled up on a blanket keeping my body warm while the beautiful light from the fire flickered around the room, I.......I........God help me......I watched 6 hours of Desperate Housewives!!!!!

Whew! I suddenly feel like a burden has been lifted. I no longer have to hide my shame and embarrassment. What a relief!

No comments: