2/17/2007

Aiports, pet supplies, and cucumbers....


Yesterday I dropped off my hubby at the airport. He was heading off to Atlanta for some training for his J-O-B. The airport was crazy. Apparently many are taking advantage of the 3-day holiday to come and ski. They couldn't have picked a better weekend. Highs in the 50s, beautifully clear, and 30 inches of fresh powder. I usually like going to the airport to watch people. It is usually a time when you see the best of people. Hugging, kissing, holding each other to say good-bye, or rushing into each other after a long separation. I love it.

After I dropped him off, I went to Sugarhouse Park for a little exercise and fresh air. I then proceeded to the Pet store to gather cat supplies (litter, treats, etc..) Forty dollars later (and they say kids are expensive!) I decided to leave and continue on to the grocery store.

I have a bone to pick with pervy guys. I have a particular vegetable that I love, cucumbers. I particularly enjoy the English cucumber. It is firm and crunchy without that waxy exterior. They are fresh, cool, and absolutely delicious. It never fails when I purchase one of these lovely gifts of the earth some gross old dude that is picking through the carrots or celery, stops to stare just a little too long as I select my cucumber. A few years ago when I still lived in Florida, I was shopping and carefully selecting my cucumber as usual, and as I looked up there was this old geezer standing there, staring at me with his mouth open. It was so obvious what was going through his mind. I could no longer eat that cucumber. I took it out of my cart and placed it back on the pile, turned and bolted. YUCK! It took me months before I could buy another cucumber.
Yesterday, the grocer had a great selection of cucumbers. I quickly snatched one up and proceeded on. It wasn't until I went through the check out that the bag boy, who carefully placed my cucumber into my bag just as I was grabbing the sack, gave me a "wink wink." WTF!!! Sexual harassment via vegetables! Obviously there are too many men out there that have seen some strange stuff to think that cucumbers are for things other than eating! Give me a break! Leave us cucumber lovers alone.
I swear I am going to smack the next guy who gives me oogly eyes at the cucumber stand. Of course, things being the way they are, I'd probably get arrested and then sued. Not sure yet if it's worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO...omg, thank you so much for the laugh. Cucumber lovers...UNITE!!

Anonymous said...

Dang, talk to the manager and ask for a paper bag for your veggie. Funny post.