2/18/2007

A Lazy, Sunday Afternoon



Today I spent time at Liberty Park. I am fortunate in that within a 1 mile radius of my home, there are more than 3 parks. This park is the largest. It takes up 8 square blocks (which is about 1.5 miles around the perimeter. The southeast side has a rather large lake which is home to many ducks and geese. Today was great because so many people were out enjoying the rather warm, springlike day. I was just one of hundreds visiting the park. Families, couples, runners, walkers, bikers (both pedal and motor), and rollerbladers. There were families having picnics, families feeding the ducks, people playing with their dogs, and kids playing everywhere.

The man in this picture came up beside me with a cart filled with bags of bread. He proceeded to feed the geese, most of which seemed to already have had their fill from all the feeding going on. I later saw this man with his cart walking around the park picking up trash that had blown around.

Some mountain views from the Park. The Park Cafe is in the foreground, which offers a great breakfast with views of the Park.





Salt Lake boasts a large population of 4 legged friends. They make up a large portion of the visitors to Liberty Park. You can expect to get your crotch sniffed at least once.

The lake has a small island in the middle which now has a new gazebo in the center.

I did my three miles, took some photos, walked to the top of the hill overlooking the lake, ate a granola bar, and drank my water. I sat back and enjoyed the view. It was a great Sunday.

2 comments:

tieko said...

*pokes* you poop. You made me homesick...

Heather said...

Fabulous pictures!!