1/16/2008

Another List

Recently I received one of those emails...you know the ones that ask you a series of questions that don't amount to much but you somehow feel the need to answer them anyway. This one was a little different in that it seemed to ask more revealing questions, so I thought I would include it here for no particular reason other than "just because."

1. What perfume do you wear? Burberry London
2. What is your favorite book? No idea. Too many to choose from. I still really love Charlotte's Web. I just think it is an all around great book.
3. What is your favorite food? Recently....Garlic stuffed Olives
4. Who is your hero? Anyone who follows their heart and passion.
5. How do spend your free time? Unfortunately, since it is winter, I am usually plopped in front of the brain cell destroyer (TV).
6. When your were a child, what did you dream you would become as an adult? At 35? I probably thought I would be dead. After all, that was so old. My dreams were to be a professional ballet dancer. Nothing else entered my mind until I was 14 and had tried out for every professional school outside of Utah, only to find I couldn't get into any of them. At 14, I had to let go of a lifelong dream and get a new identity. My only focus was to get out my house, out of Utah, and go to college. After leaving dancing behind, I really struggled to find a calling. Now I realize I have many callings, not just one.
7. What is one thing you have done that you are ashamed of? When I was in high school, my girlfriend (who was the "good girl" to everyone else) thought it would be fun to drive around and egg kids on Halloween night. I agreed and played follow to her leader. The first and last egg I threw hit a little kid in his Tigger outfit. I felt like such a shit, deservedly so. I can't even recognize that girl today. In fact, today I would be chasing that girl down the street writing down the license plate. I wish I could make amends to the kid, but I have no idea who he was. Guess we all make mistakes.
8. Where would you like to be 5 years from now? Wow! This really is a doozy. Well...I hope to be a healthy, sexy, active 40 year old. I will have finished my Masters of Science in Speech and Language Pathology and will be working in my field in a school setting or a health care setting, or both if I have it my way. I will be an active outdoors enthusiast, and actively engaged in rational advocacy for preservation and planning. I will still be dancing and taking pictures. I will still be working in volunteerism for animal welfare and against cruelty. I think I will still live in Utah, but you can never know. I will spend all my free time with my husband, enjoying every moment of our time together. Ummmm....maybe a kid? I think we might have a little one running around. I will still travel and soak up as many experiences as I can manage. I will have better relationships with my friends and family. Oh...and reaching for the stars here, but I would really love to learn Spanish and learn to fly a plane so I can go fly with my husband.
Sounds like a lot, but it isn't all that different from what I am doing now, just more of it (except the kid, Spanish, and flying parts.....oh, who am kidding!!).
9. What is a moment in your life that you often reflect on? When I was on a church mission to New Mexico in 1988, a group of guys that I had befriended joined together and sang "Windy" by The Association. But instead of saying "Windy" they replaced it with "Bindy." They did this during lunch while everyone was eating. There must have been two hundred of us in the room. I turned bright red and was totally embarrassed. Man...what a moment though! I will still listen to that song every so often and a big grin will come across my face. Funny, but it also reminds me of who I am to those around me. I find it a huge compliment.
10. Who the single most important person in your life? A...duh...my husband. See question 4.

No comments: