1/31/2008

Photography 101

Last night I had my first photography class. It was informative, but I was happy that I had a basic understanding about what she was talking about. Some folks looked completely lost. Most everyone in the class had Digital SLR's, but me, old school girl, had an "antique" Nikkon film camera. I bought the camera about 5 years ago in an old second hand camera shop. I have used it some, but have never really known how to use it (the mechanics of it).

The instructor was drooling that someone in the class still appreciated the use of old technology. Within the first 15 minutes I understood more about my camera and about photography than all my previous knowledge combined.
She gave me the name of a guy in town that can help get me more parts and film for my camera. I am getting really excited to get into this and start taking some good old fashioned photos. The first week assignments are not too exciting; just taking a shot over and over while adjusting the apperture. A good photo is all about getting the right lighting. Photography is about light; how much light comes into the picture and how much stays out. It is simple really, but you have to know the basics in order to understand what that means. Now I am finally able to.

Side note - I got rid of my esips music because it was becoming more and more difficult to find mp3's as they changed their audio policy. I found playlist.com and have added a playlist. It is more for me than anyone else. This particular playlist is 80s music, the stuff I love and have many memories listening to. I will update it when I want to add more or take away. You can play each while on my blog or you can launch a stand alone which opens another page and listen that way. Enjoy!

No comments: