1/15/2008

Death by Power Point and other Torture devices

Last week I started back at school. So far the only word to describe it is painful. My Acoustics and Anatomy of the Ear class is so dull I want to scream. This Professor has been teaching this class for 30+ years. He loves what he teaches, however, the love does not come across all the dreaded black and white PP's. In addition, he does a lecture that I listen to online while going through the slides. The PP's are torture enough, but then add a lecture with a voice like Ben Stein's and it becomes a whole new level of pain. After 2 hours of listening to the definitions of sound, discussions on vibrations and waves, and I want to pull my hair out.

My Language Science class has been really busy. Lots of stuff going on in there. We also have a group project that is a big chunk of our grade. I have done many, many group projects, but not one on line with people from all over the country. Last night we had our first "chat" discussion, and after everyone hemmed and hawed about volunteering to be Group Leader, I decided to give up my Research position to take Command. Geez what a bunch of milk toasters. I was not happy about giving up my research position, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. They have no idea what they are in for. I will just say this.....DEADLINES! I am putting my old teacher's hat back on and taking control! Wha-ha-ha.

No comments: