2/25/2008

A Rainy Afternoon

Yesterday was gloomy and rainy. Definitely a day to stay in and veg. I decided to conquer a task that has been bugging me for some time now. In a box under my desk are piles of photos, some going back close to 10 years. I am usually a very organized person, but for some reason I haven't been too good about putting these pictures into albums. I think it is because I stopped taking print photos and turned to digital downloads, so these pictures got a little left behind. Anyway, I thought it was a good time to tackle this beast. No, I don't scrapbook. I tried it once and me being bindy, got real bored about halfway through. It just took too much time and I really just like the pictures. I don't really care about cute little stickers and outlines, etc... (sorry ness...my sister scrapbooks). The only thing that I did like was that you could write info about the picture (places, events, etc...), but that is about it.

So....back on topic, I was going through piles, and I mean PILES, of pictures and ran across some old pictures my mom had given me from my childhood. I scanned them into the computer and filed them. The funny thing is that looking at myself all those years ago, I remember being me, being that kid. To be honest, I am still that goofy little girl. I am just in a grown up body now. Okay, so I don't normally need a port-a-potty to use on the side of the road these days. Notice I said normally : ).






I include the picture below just because I like it. I remember this day so vividly. We were just outside Munich, Germany. The weather was suppose to be cool and rainy and instead it was hot and muggy. I remember being really hot and cranky. Suddenly, we came across this wall full of Lilac blooms that smelled like heaven. I just wanted to wrap myself in all the flowers. I can't remember why I am wearing my glasses that day, probably just tired eyes. Anyway, I just like this picture of myself.


No comments: