2/05/2008

The Stats

The dreaded counter. You know those little number counters at the bottom of pages that let the owner of the page know how special they are because people log on to their page? I have flirted with the "counter" here and there, but never for very long. It is just too depressing and restrictive. I am sure I still have some old code floating around somewhere on my blog, but I just don't care to know who comes to visit my blog. In a way, it kind of taints what I have to say. "I can't say that, Larry will think I am crazy." Yes, he does visit occasionally. I would rather not know I have an audience reading the dust in the deep pits of my brain, and remain true to myself, than concern myself with "numbers" and feel like I must "contain" my thoughts. What I write one day may be completely introspective, and then next I am joking about the 80s band Poison. I never know what I am going to say, I just say it.

Recently I have invited more people to my blog because of the Book reading bit. My sister has been visiting for a long time, and is usually the only one that leaves me any love notes, but because I have opened myself up to others, I do suddenly feel a bit exposed. I think that is why the counters do more harm than good on pages such as mine. I can't keep my thoughts confined, they just come out when I write.

So for those of you who know me, or might even be related to me, be prepared for a part of "bindy" you didn't know existed. I could put a warning label across the front, but I don't think it is that bad.
Of course, my first thoughts this morning were, "to thong or not to thong, that is the question." Like I said, I just write what I think. : ) I guess you can look forward to that one!

No comments: