2/19/2008

Well...I did it

I finally put my house up for sitting. Yes...I placed an ad on a house sitting site for my time away this summer. I am stressed to the max about this whole thing. I so want to move to Hawaii even if it is only for the summer, but it is so hard trying to get all the ducks in a row to make the transition possible. I thought about asking family or friends, but then that old "don't do business with family or friends " thought came into my mind. I thought I should follow my gut on that one, so I put an ad on a website for house sitting services. My husband was a little leery about the whole thing, but as he isn't responsible for the house at the moment, I felt I could figure it out for myself. The house itself isn't the real issue, but finding someone who wants to live in hot and arid climates in the summer, wants to do yard work, can take care of a cat, will take care of my house, etc... is a lot to ask. Of course, they get to live in a nice, furnished house, for no cost. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I posted the ad on Friday and already have 6 offers. I am very surprised. I am leaning toward the "retired writers looking to live in a new place." They love animals which is a big plus, and have green thumbs, also a big plus. It is a very different approach for me. I'm not really good at trusting people, let alone people I have never met. I feel like a Nazi on my ad, "no smoking, no animals, no party people, no kids, must have references and back ground check." Geez....I sound so mean, but what can you do? It's my home after all.

No comments: