12/18/2006

Oh Joyous Day!!!

After three straight days of snow, the sun finally has blessed me with its presence once again. After a good night of sleep, I woke to the sun coming up over the mountains. I was once again filled with happiness. Sure it's bitter cold, but it has been over a week without blue sky and the warmth of the sun. One can start to go rather nutty without the sun (speaking of myself in particular). Over the weekend we received a measure of that storm that pounded the northwest. Thankfully it wasn't nearly as bad here, but it was pretty much snowing non stop for 3 days. Enough to make the road a mess (70 accidents in 6 hours on Sunday morning alone).

So what does a single (sort of) woman do while snowed in over a weekend? Well let me tell you, it is REALLY interesting.
The first hour, I proceeded to clean out my tool closet. Yes, I have a tool closet filled with paints, caulk, nails, an a small arsenal of medieval torture devises to threaten my husband with. I found in this closet a bucket of red paint leftover from a paint job on my stairway. There was most of a gallon leftover, so I thought to myself...."where could I put this red paint?" I proceeded to paint a large wall in my family room, followed by two walls in my kitchen. I have to say it looks really good! Once boring beige walls, now say Hello! I just hope the better half doesn't have a heart attack when he gets home tomorrow.
Hour 2: I read a book.
Hour 3: I clipped my toenails (yuck).
Hour 4: Painted said toenails.
Hour 5: Downloaded too much music.
Hour 6: Played Joe Cocker's "You can leave your hat on," while attempting to do my best impersonation of Kim Basinger in 9 1/2 Weeks (or maybe it was The Full Monty).
Hour 7: Watched the Science Channel....again. FYI: The universe is ever expanding. It was once thought that it was actually starting to collapse on itself, but now the scientists are much smarter and realize that it is forever expanding and will eventually expand itself into nothingness. Plan now!!
Hour 8: Made some chocolate chip cookies. Yummmmy. Nothing like a heavy dose of chocolate to make a boring day much better.
Hour 9: Talked to my mom. "So Bindy, am I ever going to have grandchildren?" Love you too Mom!
Hour 10: Internet Christmas shopping............Yes! I am done!!!
Hour 11: Brushed my teeth, put on my flannels, and hit the hay.

WOW! And that was just day 1. Shall I continue? Me thinks no.

I am off to enjoy some sun and blue sky. Have a great one!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You crack me up!! Sounds like snow days are a nice relaxing time for you!!! I need a snow day!! hehe