12/12/2006

What is it?

This evening as I was goofing off with my camera, I decided to get a little adventurous and try to take a self portrait. None of the photos worked out. Something about trying to take a photo and look into a mirror at the same time just didn't work for me. After giving up, I went back to finishing the painting job I had started in my office. A few hours later, I decided to go ahead and download the photos anyway (at least for a good laugh).
The one photo that I thought was nothing but a flash of light ended up actually showing my face, sort of. What I found most interesting about this photo though (outside of the obvious need to clean my mirror) was the color that came out around my head. Now the most obvious reason(s) for the color blobs is the light from the flash reflecting off the mirror, dust particles, and possibly some of the color from my dark blue sweatshirt managing to produce a violet-colored reflection. That's the ever present, logical side of my brain talking. It makes sense, right?

But then the more inquisitive side of me came out and asked the question, "well what if it is something more, what if is an aura?" I know it sounds crazy, but I couldn't help myself. I did a couple of searches regarding auras on the web. There was quite a bit of info on the topic, too much to discuss here. Apparently a person can see an aura if they train how to. Most people tend to have a particular color around them. Blue is spiritual, orange is emotional, etc...

Looking at the photo, I tend to think it is just dust because the color is spherical which makes me think it is the light reflecting off the molecules in the air. However, since I am a curious person by nature, I like to think about things a bit beyond the rational. I think it makes life a little more interesting (and makes a bad photo suddenly appear intriguing).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Interesting...I wonder...