7/05/2008

Fourth Some

Yesterday we relaxed around the island. We finally saw Kung Fu Panda. I have been waiting patiently to see this movie. Larry and I made it a requirement that we see it together. It was well worth the wait. The best part was having a bunch of 5 year olds behind me just laughing their little butts off. It made me laugh more. I loved all the messages in the movie, right in line with my way of thinking. Yes, I suppose I think like a child. Maybe someday that will be in my favor.

After the movie we walked around an outdoor shopping center (there are many on this island, no surprise), had some lunch,

and then headed up to an area above Honolulu called The Punchbowl. It was a beautiful drive with great views:





We also stopped off a visited the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.




Later we made our way over to Pearl Harbor for Fireworks and festivities. This last week we have had many visitors to the island from all over the world. The harbor is full of large ships of all types. I couldn't get real close because of all the security, so this was the best I could do:

No comments: