7/30/2008

This and That

Is it okay to admit I am jealous? I am jealous today because my husband is leaving on Friday for New Zealand. He is going for work, but I am still jealous. He has also been asked by his boss at his next reserve post to be the Pandemic Influenza Planning US Representative for the countries we work with in Oceania. Shocking I know, but our military does do a lot of diplomacy with many other countries and is working on really good programs with these countries. I am proud to say that my husband is a part of the policy making between the US and these countries and others around the world. His strength in diplomacy is impressive. He has an amazing intuition when talking with others about the many issues we are faced with today. So as much as I am jealous that he gets to go off to these foreign lands and work towards making a difference, I am also proud and happy for him.

I suppose I also feel insecure that someone like him is with me. I’m much too goofy, not to mention opinionated and stubborn. Somehow though, he apparently sees something in me that he loves. He even paid me a compliment while hiking last weekend. He said I was a lover of life and adventure. If it hadn't been for me telling him to go forth and live, he wouldn’t be doing what he is doing today. Wow! What a great thing to say. Sometimes it is just nice to hear that what you feel inside is actually being played out. I feel that I love life, but don’t always act on it, so it was nice for me to hear from someone who I admire and respect tell me that yes, my love of life is coming across. It also gives me some confirmation that I should continue on this path; that this path is right for me. I do get a sense that I am in the right place, but I love getting affirmations from him. Maybe that sounds pathetic; needing feedback, but everyone does, don’t they? Everyone needs to hear, “Good job! Your on the right track.” I think I am fairly open with my compliments to others, and unafraid to tell them that they are doing well. At least I hope I am.






1 comment:

nigelthomas said...

I wish your husband the best of luck! I'm for anyone spreading the word to prepare for Bird Flu.

We need to keep Bird Flu at the forefront of every business manager's mind. It won't go away so better start preparing.

Nigel Thomas
For free references and tools go to Bird Flu Manual Online or, if you need more comprehensive tutorials and templates, consider Bird Flu D-I-Y eManual for business preparedness and survival.