7/11/2008

Some minor clarifications

I read over my last post and realized that a few things I wrote might possibly come across differently than I intended. I was rushed but wanted to get my pictures up on the page. Don't you just love the one at the top of the page? I do, and I can say that is exactly how it looks. That picture is direct from my camera to the computer with no adjustments. I just used an 800 speed setting rather than the auto setting.

First and foremost, I don't normally run around in my bikini. I just want to make that clear. It wouldn't be unusual to do so on the island, but I am a bit too modest for that. The part of the story that I glazed over that we were supposed to be at the consulate's house at 4 p.m., but had stayed too long at Hanauma Bay. We had intended on getting back to the condo first, getting cleaned up and changed to street clothes. When we called to tell them we were going to be late, they told us just come on over no matter our attire and sandy bodies. It is Hawaii after all! I was a bit insecure about my bikini top showing through my tight, see through top, thus my concern over modesty. My bottoms were my swim trunks. No problems there. I did everything else as I wrote before. I just wanted to clarify to anyone that might be reading (specifically family members) that no, I don't run around neked. I might be free, but not that free.

Second, regarding the Army transition. I read over it realizing that it kind of sounded like I wouldn't be joining Larry if this all took place. No, I would be going with him (unless he is sent to Iraq or Afghanistan which we really don't think would happen). The way I think and obviously write is that Larry's career is Larry's career, not mine. I have/will have my own career thing happening. It obviously is a choice that impacts me if I want to be with him. I choose to be with him, so I would go. It's all an adventure anyway. I hope that whatever happens, happens for the right reasons for him, and I can applaud him and support him as he does for me. I do not like it when wives (spouses) claim their husbands career as their own. It just really bugs me, and it happens a lot in the military. They eventually become "victims" of the job. It usually makes for bitching sessions and I am just not into that. My husband earned his position and rank because of his choices and ambition, not mine. I love and support him no matter what he doing or where he is.

I hope that may make more sense. If not, or it didn't need clarification then it doesn't matter, but I like to make sure I am clear about my intent when I write. Sometimes that doesn't happen until I re read what I have written days later.

No comments: