7/20/2008

Last Day


I leave to go home tonight and as much as I miss my cats and my mom, I don't want to leave. I woke up this morning with that sick feeling in my gut with the thought "no, not yet!" screaming through my mind. I woke up at around 7:30 and put the kettle on. We made a breakfast of pancakes with coconut syrup, sausages, and fresh sliced papaya with french pressed coffee. It was wonderful. We headed to Turtle Bay to get in some last minute snorkeling in. The time going up and back to Turtle Bay was spent flaking off my sun burnt skin. I thought I should leave a bit of me behind for Larry...literally.

The time has flown by as one would expect it to. I tried to spend my time enjoying the island(s), and being active, but most importantly I hope I spent my time well with Larry as he is the reason I am even here. I had to constantly remind myself that although I am on vacation, Larry is here to work. Most days his job dictated our time and how we spent it. I can't complain about the time we had. It was all wonderful, even the "boring" evening of staying in and watching movies and doing nothing Hawaii-ish at all.

I'm looking forward to my next trip next month. It will be Larry's last week before he comes back home. That trip will be crazy with getting him packed up to come home. It will also be bitter sweet for both of us.

No comments: