9/15/2007

A bindyesque evening

Late afternoon I decided to mow the lawn, plant a few Hosta's I had purchased, and lay the last of the mulch for the garage garden. As I was finishing up, the sky had begun to spit at me and fill up with beautiful clouds. I, of course, saw this as a camera opportunity.




I tried to get some lightening, but no luck.

After the beautiful color show outside, I came in and cleaned up. Realizing it was almost 7 and my stomach's ache was for food, I was now confronted with what to eat. I was in a salad mood, but didn't have much to put with the salad, plus I was out of salad dressing. I scrounged around the fridge for ideas and decided to chop up some red-leaf lettuce, crumble up blue cheese, cook up 3 strips of bacon and chop them up, and to top it all off, 2 pears that had just fallen from my pear tree. The dressing was home made out of Apricot spreadable fruit with white wine vinegar, and olive oil. I also sprinkled in about a teaspoon of sugar. This actually tasted very good together. It was a fabulous salad if I may say so.

After partaking my yummy salad, and guzzling buckets of water (I was still thirsty from the law mowing), I decided to move downstairs to the sectional and T.V.. I had just received Doctor Zhivago from Netflix. I had been looking forward to this all week. As I opened the envelope I realized that I had ordered the wrong one. I thought I had ordered the 1960s movie, but instead had ordered a BBC remake done in 2002. At first I was a bit pissed, but it was the BBC, so it had to be good. In fact, it was very good. I immediately fell in love with the story having never seen it before, nor read the book. I do have the 1960s movie on order, so it will be interesting to compare.
I propped up a couple of pillows behind my back and curled up under a blanket. Next to me was a small bowl of chocolate Riesen candies. I enjoyed my little chocolates while watching this wonderful romance.
Around 10 p.m. Larry called to say goodnight. I told him of my evening, and he said it sounded so very "bindy" of me. Hummm.......I guess it does.

No comments: