9/16/2007

Oh Yuri, where have you been all my life?

More importantly, were have I been? How is possible that I might have by passed this wonderful, inspiring piece of literature? I just finished the second disk of Doctor Zhivago, and I come away feeling enchanted and moved that such a piece of work was created by another human being. How I would have loved to have met Boris Pasternak, to have spent time with the man who could have been able to capture the humanity, the spirit, and the passion that is Doctor Zhivago. I was completely consumed by this story which must have encompassed every emotion known to mankind.

I can't even begin to discuss how much I loved this story except to say that I will be going to the library tomorrow to check out the book. I must read the words, capture the missing details, and paint my own picture for the love and life of Doctor Zhivago. Anyone out there that might be as late as I am in finding this unforgettable story must see it, read it, or listen to it. You will not be disappointed, for it touches the heart of man in every way possible.

No comments: