9/02/2007

Must Love Dogs


Yesterday I wasn't on my "A" game, so I stayed in, spending much of the day curled up on the couch. In between reading and reviewing flashcards I turned on HBO and watched one of the sweetest movies I've seen in a long time, Must Love Dogs. I am late to this viewing as it was released in 2005, but I absolutely loved it. It doesn't hurt that John Cusack is the male lead as well. I think a few months back I went on and on about my perpetual crush on the man.
Diane Lane is absolutely beautiful in the movie, and her character's insecurity and vulnerability make her even more so. Her character really connected with me, not that I am divorced and trying to find Mr. Right again, but her personality, and how she thinks and acts, its like looking in a mirror.
I thought this was a really sweet, kind hearted, funny, animal friendly, lovely movie. I highly recommend it.

Brown Penny

I whispered, ‘I am too young,’
And then, ‘I am old enough’;
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
‘Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.’
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.
Yeats

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. DIANE LANE is awesome. Good movie!

bindiec said...

Happy to hear you enjoyed it. Ms. Lane is truly beautiful. Now I have to rent Dr. Zhivago! Review to follow......