9/30/2007

An early taste of winter....

Yesterday we had our first taste of winter. Although a little early, it was a welcome change of seasons for me. I think Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cool, crisp air. It always smells so fresh and clean to me.
Yesterday it started raining fairly early, by noon that rain had become snow. The temperature went from somewhere in the 50s to the mid 30s by mid day. Larry and I went to pick up a bed frame at IKEA and I took some photos of the mountains (that which is visible) when we came out of the store.



As we made our way back home, we stopped by a local grocery store to pick up some makings for dinner and I took another picture of the fresh snow on the mountains near my home.




Later in the evening, we finally finished painting the downstairs. It took us forever to agree on colors. Larry likes bright, "WOW" colors, and I prefer more earthy, warm colors. I think I won....., but I won't tell him that (wink wink). While going to town with paint rollers and brushes, we also watched part of the first season of Heroes. Now I see what all the hub-bub is about.





This morning we woke to frost outside. I asked Larry to make a nice fire for us while we read the paper and had breakfast. Another first for the season.....


A movie plug..
Friday, Larry and I went to see 3:10 to Yuma which was a great flick. I love Westerns (not spaghetti's though) and really enjoyed this movie. All kinds of gun-slingin, o.k. corrallin, shit kickin, and shoot-outs to your heart's content. It also was a good period piece, they even used the correct silverware of the time. I think I was one of two women in the audience, and she spent most of the time filing her nails (I kid you not). Maybe I am strange, but I prefer a movie like this over most other types of movies. Maybe its my half pioneer heritage and my half Apache genetics that find these tales of Western survival intriguing.
Even though I found this story enjoyable, if you don't like this genre then you probably wouldn't like this film. That being said, if you just interested in watching Russell Crowe and Christian Bale for 2 hours (she says clearing her throat) then this is your film.

No comments: