9/01/2007

Recall

Yesterday I headed off to the suburbs, which is like being transported back in time. Surprisingly a lot of people have stayed stuck in the 80s. Bouffant hair styles and way too much makeup, just to name a few characteristics. Having grown up in the 80s I can say that I loved it.....at the time. I still love the music and listen to it all the time (XM's Fred is on a lot at my house). It can also be nice to wax nostalgia about those days, but I did not peak in the 80s and have moved on, as one should, right? Based on what I witnessed yesterday, this doesn't appear to be the case for everyone. Mullets are still alive and well in the South Valley. I about died when I saw my old girlfriend was wearing leggings with stirrups. Leggings!! I guess if it's what she likes and she finds them to be comfortable than it works, but it just seems so 20 years ago (which it was).
On my way home, this song came on the radio (1985) and I started laughing, which probably looked strange as I was sitting alone in my car. I think it is the ultimate "Utah" song. I think there are so many X-gens here that some things just stick around, maybe a lot longer than they should.

No comments: