8/31/2007

My Dreams

I have always had what I consider "bizarre" dreams. All levels of weird can be found drifting in and out of my psyche while I sleep. I have only discussed my dreams with a few people, so I cannot say for sure if they are any different than anyone else on the "bizarre" spectrum of dreams.
The first strange dream I recall having was when I was in Jr. High, and I dreamt that I was having a conversation with myself. I was sitting down in my cheerleader uniform, knees arched up, my hands tucked under my knees, and a glass shield dividing the area I was sitting in. On the other side of the glass was my exact image reversed. Somehow we (me) talked to each other. I don't recall the conversation, but I believe it was the fact that I was talking to myself as a separate person that really threw me for a loop. Later I just summed it up with my Geminian tendencies.

A repeated dream I have had at different times in my life is a dream about giving birth. As I have not actually given birth, the way it happens is all very strange and different each time. A women I once knew that studies Jungian psychology told me most likely it was my subconscious mind telling me I was going through a change, a rebirth of sorts.
One the disturbing end, I had a dream that I was having sex with the barrel of a pistol, and then I actually pulled the trigger! This one sent me to a dream discussion board trying to figure it out. The only person that would touch it was a weird dude that thought I wanted to be controlled sexually. Hummmm, but I was the one pulling the trigger!! Thanks goodness I don't have too many dreams like this one.

I have also had some spiritual type dreams. One example has to do with dolphins offering a part of themselves to me, a piece that I have to reach inside of them for. Another was when I was on an island with a group or colony of people that were wearing something reminiscent of "serf" type clothing (almost rags). As I sat on a hill on the island, the people came up to me and began to scrape the skin off my body with a bone given by my dolphin. They later sewed me back together with a new skin. It was not painful or scary as it probably sounds, but actually a very peaceful dream.

These are just a few, but that brings me to my reason for writing this post....my dream last night. What I can remember is that I was wearing a mini, mini skirt, one where the lower part of my rear end was hanging out. I was trying to catch a flight out of an airport that was more like a dark, dungeon type mall. As I was trying to find out where my plane was, a small male person (like a dwarf) came up behind me and stuck his face in my rear and wouldn't stop inhaling me (hello...am I a dog here?). The side story (I will often have multiple stories going on in dreams, but in the same location) was me, still in my mini skirt, watching out for a young boy named Nicholas who went down a grate in the floor where a Blue Monster lived (he also had blue sparkly jewels in his skin). I keep calling out to the boy to warn him about the Blue Monster, but it only angered the monster, whom eventually scared Nicholas out of the grate where I was kneeling down. The next thing I know my husband is quietly trying to close a drawer on the chest of drawers in our bedroom. The sound of the drawer closing, pulled me out of my deep slumber. Strange dream though, isn't it?

I personally think it is just my creative mind often times finding a way of expressing ideas and thoughts when I am not able to express them day to day. But I do sometimes wonder what is really going on inside my psyche.

No comments: