8/30/2007

My obvious brain smoke

I have entered back into the realm of "studying student" again, and I have the obvious signs to prove it. I reread my last post, which appears to have been typed by a third grader (maybe not, third grade might be giving me too much credit, Kindergarten sounds more appropriate). Spelling errors, missing words, wrong words. Goodness!
I will give myself some slack and say that I have been studying a lot these last few days, completing three quizzes in Anatomy and studying for my fourth and an exam, beginning to learn a new alphabet....yes...I said a NEW alphabet in Phonetics (an alphabet based on how words sound rather than how they are spelled), and trying to read about how children learn speech from the driest author known to mankind. I get up really early to get my studying done first thing because I am a horrible procrastinator.
Distance Learning is not for the procrastinators of the world. I will be screwed if I don't stay on top of it. I HAVE to excel in these classes so that I may have a chance of getting into an SLP program at either school (Utah or Utah State). Already having one Masters may help, or it may not. Who knows? Competition is stiff.

So that brings me to the slurred writing I am seeing in my posts these days. I guess all the studying has fried my brain out so that when I do post, it is lacking in full thought and grammar. I don't really take my blog as seriously as I do my other work, so I guess it will pay the price. Sorry to anyone out there that might be reading my blog, and thinking to themselves, "and she works in education???"

On the plus side...I am loving what I am learning, and can say with confidence that I am moving in the right direction.

Corrections completed in previous post, I hope : ). Hopefully this one isn't as bad.

No comments: