8/05/2007

Waitress


I realize this is my second post for the day, but I had to make a movie recommendation. This afternoon I went to see the movie Waitress with a friend, and I have to give it kudos. I loved this movie, both for its heart and its stomach. It is one of those feel good movies that explores what it is to not be happy with your life, being stuck in a bad situation and unable to change it. It also is about love and finding love in the places you would least expect.
The main character is deeply flawed and down to earth (you know, a real human being), but finds herself in the pies she creates. "Falling in love pie," "I hate my husband pie," and "I can't handle an affair because it's wrong and I don't want Earl to kill me pie" just to name a couple. I left the theater feeling uplifted and full, but with a mighty appetite. I highly recommend this film if your looking for a sweet, happy, loving film.

Now let me see if I can create a pie for me.....a chocolate crumb crust, a mix of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries lightly coated with Cinnamon, layered with a chocolate cheesecake filling. Baked and sprinkled with a little powdered sugar. I'll call it "falling in love all over again" pie.
Sounds good ; )



----------------
Now playing: Adam & The Ants - Antmusic
via FoxyTunes

No comments: