8/05/2007


Click to view my Personality Profile page

Yesterday I was goofing off on the computer and came across this website. I took their tests (which I have taken a number of times before) and everything pretty much came out the same except the J vs. P part of the Myers-Briggs test. When I first took Myers-Brigg at college 15 years ago, I was an INFP then, but the latest test had me as an INFJ. With this particular test there were a number of questions that I could have answered either way as being true for me, but I just picked one. Depending on the question, how it is asked, and my own mood for the day could swing it in either direction, but everything else is as it has been since the first time I took this test.

It is just so "of my type" to take these tests and find them interesting. How do they weigh in on the big picture? They are just a layer of information that gives a label for the "type" of person I am. A "healer" type does fit me, and it gives me a list of descriptors to better understand what that means. I think that it can help to know a little bit about natural traits and personality, so that it is easier to understand who you are and why you think the way you do. I think it would be smart of high schools to have students take Myers-Briggs, so they could take the information with them when going to college or out into the working world. Not to limit them on choices, but just to show them where their natural talents lie.

"INFPs are highly
intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life."
- Portrait of an INFP (The Personality Page)

Hummm.....sounds like my last post.

No comments: