9/19/2007

Life awaits

Tomorrow morning, early in the A.M., I will be picking Larry up from the airport after another 10 days in Hawaii. In just a few short weeks he starts his 8-month (minimum) tour there. I think it is starting to set in that he won't be home for awhile. There is that slightest feeling of panic about what it will be like to apart for so long. Of course I go through the calender and realize that between the time he leaves and Christmas he will have come home once (Thanksgiving) and I will have gone out once. With the few weeks in between, there isn't a whole lot of time. I say this knowing that it is a way of convincing myself that it won't be that bad. After all, we have been separated many times, the worst being during his time in Somalia when there was no communication, no phone lines for months, and it took forever for the postal system to get going. Those were bad separations, but this...this should be easy, right? I hope so, but sometimes the bed feels awfully big without him.

No comments: