5/01/2008

The Changing Game

Last night Larry informed me that the Navy has "suddenly" found the money for him to stay in Hawaii now, at least until August 30th. Grrrr! Yep this is how the military operates; one month they have money, the next they don't. Meanwhile our lives are topsy turvy with no regard to how last minutes decisions impact our life, mine especially. I have already turned away the house sitter I had been talking to, so now my life is once again torn apart. I am now trying to convince my Mom to come back out again this summer, so I can leave for about a month and stay with Larry. On the good side, Larry is looking at possibly renting a small house for the extended time, but on the other side of the island. This would be within walking distance to the beach. I could definitely go for that!
I did tell Larry that if he decides to take more of these opportunities in the future, he needs to do them in-country, so that we (me and the animals) can pack up and go with him. I can't continue to live like this. We need to be together. I think he realizes this as well. I am feeling like I am stuck on the planet "in between" where I am going nowhere and feeling motionless. His life is still on track, and he has a built in group of friends that he interacts with.

I have loved the opportunities to go to Hawaii multiple times, and to Australia. That part has been amazing, but my day to day in Salt Lake just feels empty no matter what I fill my days doing. I guess I just really miss him, and don't want to live my life alone anymore.

No comments: