5/02/2008

Spontaneous Actions

Yesterday, being completely spontaneous, I registered to run in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K on May 10th. I don't know what exactly inspired me to decide to just do it (sorry for the Nike reference....unintentional). I think I saw a news blip on my homepage and suddenly found myself signing up. I have no team, and no one I am running with. I'm just doing it (again, sorry) for myself. With such short notice, I didn't expect to gather many donations for the cause, but I have managed to raise $110 (including my sign up + donation) from family members in the first day.
I have been running 3 miles up and down hill for the last couple of months, so I am hoping a 5K on a somewhat flat course is easier. I think I wanted to do something good, and test myself to see where I am running wise. I am still working toward that 10K and then hopefully a half marathon. I have decided I have no desire to do a marathon. I would much rather do a triathlon.
I think this is the first of many "fun" runs. In June there is another 5K up City Creek. Who knows I might be one of those freaks that spends my summer weekends doing races. That would be my husbands dream. He has been hoping that someday I would want to run and race with him. Of course, I would decide to do this while he is gone. That is such a Bindy thing to do; make sure I can do myself before letting anyone do it with me. I have to make sure my motivations are just right.

Here is the link to my donations page if anyone passing by wants to donate to a good cause:
http://www.active.com/donate/komenslc2008/kslcbcrafts

No comments: