5/30/2008

Small Steps

This afternoon while I was downstairs vacuuming, I found myself constantly pulling up my jeans everytime I moved. I have gone from washing my jeans in cold and hang drying (so they don't shrink) to washing them in hot and drying them on high in the hopes that they would still be wearable. Today I took the waist band and rolled it over on itself in order to get them to stay up. I had finally had it.
I started to dig through my drawer; the dreaded drawer of old jeans that you gave up on ever fitting into again but still held out hope that someday.......yep, you know that drawer. I grabbed a pair of jeans that I bought 6 YEARS ago and had never worn. I bought them thinking they were the right size, got them home and couldn't get them over my hips. I remember wanting to slit my wrists (happy to not be in that place anymore) and was near tears. I have held onto them ever since. Like I said, holding out some hope.
Well, I put them on and........hello, big smile time!! I got them on!! I couldn't believe it! Talk about a reward for hard work.


(had to include a head shot, same jeans different lighting)

It probably comes across as bragging, but believe me I am not. I am celebrating! You have to understand the place I was in just a few years ago prior to my thyroid diagnosis. I have managed to make small changes in my life. A little bit here and there, no Jenny Craig, no Nutrisystem, just old fashioned hard work. The best part is how I feel, not how I look. I feel so good about what I have accomplished. There is nothing like success.....even in small steps.

Oh, and don't ask how much weight I have lost, I have no idea. I am going by how I feel, not by some number.

No comments: