4/30/2007

Aloha!!!

Yes, I finally made it O'ahu. I am loving this place. I can't believe how beautiful it is here. I am here on vacation while my husband is working. It is all good, but I am a little anchored to the base today while he is at work. I decided to get on the hotel computer and pay the $.08 a minute to catch up on stuff.
I always new that Hawai'i would be beautiful, but it's the way the island makes you forget everything about life that I find most amazing. The smell of the air here is unbelievable. It smells like something between jasmine and roses. Everyday there are rainbows over the island around 5:00 p.m., and the sunsets are just as beautiful as the photos show. Unfortunately, my photos aren't going to be that great, I fear. The first night here, I got a little carried away and ended up dropping my camera in the ocean. Whoops! The camera is dead and with it took my first sunset and the pictures I had taken of the base. All my photos are now going to be via my cell phone. I am hoping for the best. I won't be able to upload until I get home, which could be tomorrow or not until Thursday. I haven't decided yet.

Living on Pearl Harbor has also been really great. I have not lived the "military life" for about 3 years now, so coming to Hawai'i and being around the military again has been a nice reminder of the life I used to know so well. Listening the running groups do their afternoon P.T. while singing about who knows what, but it sounds good. I had forgotten about the 8:00 am raising of the flag, so every morning they start out with Star Spangled Banner broad casted throughout the base. It is a reminder of a much younger and naive version of myself.

Looks like I am about ready to run out of minutes.

Aloha

No comments: